IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT

1.1 GHOSTS OF THE DARK- a clip

एक अत्यंत मनोरंजक वृतांत ...



2.0 IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT....



2.1 MY EXTRA SENSORY PERCEPTION


For the past three days, I have been unable to sleep at nights. Being sleep deprived and totally tired , I have started dozing off in the light of day irrespective of time and place. Sometimes in the morning, while brushing my teeth, I unknowingly fall asleep; only to be rudely awakened by other kind souls, who forget their kindness while violently shaking me up to reality. This rude act brings me back to reality from my pipe dreams, so that they can also brush their teeth and use the only functional washbasin.

Now, that’s not a very unusual thing for me, but this time the reason is certainly unusual. Every morning, when I remember the disturbing incidents of the past night, I feel as if the excruciating pain in my leg vanishes and is replaced by fear and I find myself mystified by the mysterious phenomenon which has started occurring in my room for the past few days.

It’s very uncommon for me to experience fear, because I rarely have came across many a fearful things. But this time it’s really different issue altogether. I feel as if my room has been haunted and all the gory and dreadful scenes of numerous horror films seen by me are coming to my mind. Really, the gruesome experience of mine is worth an experience not experiencing, and that is because of the paranormal activity involved.

It looks like my extra sensory perception has suddenly became a sharper like the boy in the 1999 thriller film 'THE SIXTH SENSE' .Actually, I have started hearing some really weird noises in my room and now when I’m writing this post, ‘MR. BHOOT’ jinhone meri raaton ki haram kar di hai, is still around.

khat pat ..khat pat..

Gosh! I cannot sleep, and I’m extremely terrified of this ghost, who incidentally starts making these weird sounds every time I try to sleep. And then I abuse him in the black of night, hoping that he will stop doing all this to me. But this BHOOT is really abuse resistant like the many NITians, and has got used to getting abused. :P

I can't forget the day when I first heard it.

My blood froze, as I tried to doze.
My heart skipped a beat, and tried not to gasp
and speaking of me...I was of sure aghast.
Such was the devil's grasp.


I pulled up the shawl up to my head and hoped that 'BHOOT' would not see me. I started chanting the bhoot bhagao mantras and hanuman chalisa. And guess what!

It stopped..

Ha! God Almighty is so caring. He listens to the prayers of the troubled.
I think not!


2.2 THE BRAMHABHOOT SAGA 
Again the noises started. And I was sure that it was the legendary bramhabhoot who was haunting me. Also was I positive that he wanted to devour me, and take a sip of my extra nutritious blood.
So I cringed in fear and started thinking about the possible things bramhabhoot could do to me. And then suddenly thought I, what would happen if he pressed his bloody fangs onto my neck and suck all my blood.
Wouldn’t I be dead then!!!

So, I started to make life saving strategies to leave this haunted room and spend the rest of the night in my friend's room.
Hastily, I opened the door only to find that the night had ended with its tribulations; and the first morning light had brought the ultimate end to my misery and ended the curse of bramhabhoot.



2.3 MR. RAT - YOU OWE ME THAT



And today I feel somewhat comfortable with my new room partner, bramhabhoot.
I find myself talking to him in the silence of black nights, then laugh at my stupidity and am also surprised at my potential to adjust. I think travelling in Indian trains teaches a lot . : P

Its 5 a.m. In morning, and finally I guess that I have found out the source of these weird sounds.
Oh! It’s my water cooler.

And now I must confront bramhabhoot and we should have a better introduction. After all, we are roomies!

And thus I switched on the light, and opened the cooler.

Oh my god! WTF!!

And I sprang back in fear mixed awe, with a fear not worth fearing.
It was just a rat for god's sake .the mahabhoot whom I so much feared ,was but a tiny creature ,who ran for his life as I chased him away from my room. But I was not going to leave this bastard without taking my much deserving revenge.

As I followed him along the corridors, down the stairs, through the hall exit, to the open field; with me joined 'SHER'.

I bet you don't know sher, and let me tell you he is a no match for the great 'lion king '.and how could he be, for he is just a human being. And peculiar is his case, because of the more peculiar idiosyncrasy of his. Actually, he is so scared of the night ghosts that whenever he feels pressure in his urinary bladder, he prefers to release it from the top floor, just to avoid the precarious walk through the dark corridors to the empty bathrooms; watering the quadrangle with his 'Holy water'.

Although sher was congenital coward, but after seeing the hot pursuit and the tiny mouse, he joined in the rat race.
and together we chased the mahabhoot away from the hall premises.

and thus my ordeal ended and said i ...'khoda pahad nikli chuhiya

THE HOLLOW MEN

10 comments:

Bilas said...

who is cuha?something fishy about dipa?whom dis u sleep wid that night?

buckingfastard said...

ahh u chose to liv on c-top...wat more u xpect dan ghosts!! :)

bt on a better note i suppose rats r gud company....no point of u to scare him/her off!!!

sniggy said...

i feel pity for the rat that he chose ur room..it must have scared it off!!

Mayank Saxena said...

Ghost bana Dost :)

Unknown said...

it should not happened any night.
u r an engineer,man!
don't take things so easily, analyse them.
but, overall it was nice to read(good combination of mystery and humour)
keep it up....

accept_obsequiousness_b4me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
accept_obsequiousness_b4me said...

Whethr its conincidence or sumtihng else..i don know..but "RAT" is d protagonist in both our recent posts n both our blogs rock !!!(Not a Hyperbole..)

3 words 4 u "Keep it up"!

Ashish S said...

last week u said me to post something humorous......and believe me ,my friend ,u did it.

The clip is really funny but not more than the text.....i enjoyed reading it

keep it up

DIVINE COMEDY said...

@ashish s: thanks dude..but i must mention your part behind all these posts of mine. you've helped me a lot by giving your critical comments.

@anurag: HYPERBOLE bole to BHOKAL..
and speaking of rats, i feel sorry for them. looks like the people in mess at ground floor don't feed them properly, and that is why they come up here in C-TOP.

@mahendra : bhai..thanks for appreciating my effort. after all, it were u who gave such a negative comment on my previous post, thereby forcing me to come into humor genre.

@ MAVERICK :actually, there was no ghost,and even if it had been , i'm good at dealing with those bastards.

@ sniggy: don't mock me ..u will see that one day my room will become the cleanest room of hall 5.

@ buckinfastard: so true..sometimes C-TOP can be really a freakish place with pin drop silence and total darkness .
but then i'm very fond of haunted places and i think that maybe luckily someday i'll catch a sight of some ghost.

@lotuseater: that's very rude of you. you cannot put such allegations on me. and about dipa, he was busy learning Korean at that time, and we both are good and straight.

rashmiranjan007 said...

purely hilarious
thoroughly entertaining
keep goin.